Avantis | Allen & Heath
IT’S A SMALL STEP TO A GIANT LEAP
The third mixer based on our 96kHz XCVI FPGA engine, Avantis puts all our next-generation technology in a 64 channel / 42 configurable bus console, with dual Full HD touchscreens, a super-flexible workflow with Continuity UI, extensive I/O options, add-on processing from our flagship dLive mixing system, and a rugged full metal chassis.
- 96kHz / 64 CHANNEL / 42 BUS DIGITAL MIXER
- FULLY CONFIGURABLE MIX ARCHITECTURE
- XCVI CORE – 0.7MS LATENCY / PHASE COHERENT
- DUAL FULL HD TOUCHSCREENS WITH CONTINUITY UI
- EVERYTHING I/O – HUGE RANGE OF REMOTE EXPANDERS
- dPACK UPGRADE FOR ADDITIONAL dLIVE PROCESSING
- SUPER STRONG, LIGHTWEIGHT FULL METAL CHASSIS
Step up to Avantis. Leap ahead of the curve.
More about XCVI…
The power of Avantis emanates from the XCVI Core – pioneered by the Allen & Heath R&D team using next generation FPGA technology, with parallel virtual processing cores generating enough power for 88×42 (including FX returns) channels of processing at 96kHz sampling rate. The massive power of XCVI (25 billion operations per second) allows Avantis to deliver 64 full processing inputs and 12 stereo FX returns, 42 bus with configurable mix architecture, variable bit depth for ultimate precision and noise performance, a virtually infinite mix headroom thanks to a 96bit accumulator, and class-leading latency at an ultra-low 0.7ms.
- 96kHz 64 channel / 42 bus digital mixer
- XCVI FPGA core with ultra-low latency (0.7ms)
- Fully configurable mix bus architecture
- Super-tough, full metal chassis
- Continuity UI seamlessly connects physical and touchscreen controls for the fastest, most intuitive workflows
- dPack option adds dLive processing, including 16 Dyn8 engines, plus per-channel zero-latency DEEP Compressors and Dual-Stage Valve preamp
- 12 RackExtra FX slots with dedicated stereo returns
- 16 DCAs
- Dual 15.6” Full HD capacitive touchscreens with gesture control
- AMM (Automatic Mic Mixer) up to 64 channels across 1, 2 or 4 zones
- Fully assignable layout
- 144 fader strips (24 faders, 6 layers) with optional dedicated master section
- SLink port for connection to Remote I/O Expanders and the ME Personal Mixing System
- 12 analogue XLR Inputs / 12 analogue XLR Outputs
- 1 Stereo AES In / 2 Stereo AES Out
- 2 I/O Ports, both capable of 128×128 operation at 96kHz – for optional cards inc. Dante, MADI and gigaACE
- User configurable rotary controls
- 24 assignable SoftKeys
- Comprehensive metering with multi-point peak detection
- Internal storage for stereo playback and recording
- USB stereo playback
- BNC Word Clock
It’s your mixer so mix your way.
With a massive 206 square inches of screen space operating at a crisp 1080p Full HD resolution, Continuity UI allows you to see and instantly interact with more of what matters, enabling a seamless connection between the physical controls and the displays.
The faders react on touch to immediately highlight the active channels for instant visual feedback.
The channel rotaries let you work gains or pans, then at the touch of a button, dynamically fold the display to show EQ or compressor parameters across the whole bank.
Each screen also features a FastGrab tab on the right-hand side, giving you split-second access to key freely-assignable parameters like aux sends, EQ, compressor and FX on the currently selected or specific channel.
The whole system is set up to dynamically surface the information you need at any moment and put control right at your fingertips.
A complete ecosystem of remote expanders.
Whether you’re an owner/operator looking to build a compact system, or a rental company with existing Allen & Heath stock, the SLink connection on Avantis allows true flexibility by connecting to the entire range of Allen & Heath audio expander hardware.
Add a Dante card to your system and you’ve got even more options, with our dedicated Dante expanders, DT168 and DT164-W.
GX4816 – THE PERFECT PARTNER I/O
48 XLR Input / 16 XLR Output – 96kHz
GX4816 is a 96kHz audio expander that provides high-input-count remote expansion that makes it the ideal I/O expander for Avantis.
Each GX4816 is loaded with 48 dLive mic preamps with independent Phantom Power LED indicators, plus 16 XLR line outputs. Additionally, 2 DX ports are provided for connection to up to 4 DX Expanders for further I/O expansion. Connection to a ME Personal Mixing System is possible via the DX2 socket.
DX012 – GET MORE OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM
12 Configurable Outputs – Switchable Analogue/AES – 96kHz
Perfect for feeding IEM systems and amplifier racks, DX012 offers both analogue and AES digital output options in a compact 1U form factor.
Each DX012 provides 12 XLR outputs, configurable as:
12 analogue line outputs
8 analogue line outputs + 4 stereo AES outputs
4 analogue line outputs + 8 stereo AES outputs
UPGRADE TO dPACK
Get acclaimed dLive processing.
Inside your Avantis.
Right out of the box, Avantis is loaded with powerful processing tools that will easily meet the demands of most users and applications. Want more options? Upgrade your console with Avantis dPack to get additional dLive processing including Dyn8 (up to 16 instances), DEEP Compressors, and the Dual Stage Valve Preamp, plus more models as they’re added.
dPACK – DEEP
Trusted by platinum selling artists on sellout tours, DEEP puts incredible emulations directly within Avantis’ input and mix channels with zero latency. No burning FX slots, no 3rd party gear hassles and no issues with latency or phase coherency.
dPACK – DYN8
Avantis dPack also delivers Dyn8, a powerful and sophisticated processor boasting 4 bands of dynamic EQ and 4 bands of multiband compression. With endless applications including taming vocals, tightening sub-groups or adding sonic glue to a mix, Dyn8 changes the way we think about dynamic processing. dPack enables 16 Dyn8 engines for inserting on Input and Mix channels.
12 dedicated fx rack slots. And no compromises.
Trust us, these are not your usual built-in effects.
Allen & Heath has a well-earned reputation for crafting FX emulations that rival the very best third party plug-ins, but with none of the associated hassle.
With a passion bordering on obsession, we’ve created a suite of FX inspired by some of the most revered outboard equipment, including pristine reverbs, detailed delays, and wonderful classic modulation effects.
Best of all, we offer our 12 FX slots with no compromises. Each effect takes up just one of the 12 slots, and each of the 12 FX slots has a dedicated stereo return – so you don’t need to waste your input channels.
ONEMIX & MIXPAD APPS
Remote mixing. Personal monitoring.
Avantis MixPad is an engineer’s mixing tool providing wireless mobile control for Allen & Heath Avantis digital mixers. It gives you the freedom to walk the room or stage and control the sound right where it is needed. Avantis MixPad and the Avantis mixer can work together to provide simultaneous control of independent functions, for example one engineer using the mixer to mix front-of-house sound, and another using the iPad to mix monitors on stage. Several iPads can be connected, each providing independent control.
Avantis MixPad is intended for working with the live mix and channel processing. Things you can control:
– Fader levels, mutes, pan
– Aux and FX sends, routing and Pre/Post switching
– FX Tap Tempo, Global Tap Tempo
– Matrix sends, routing and Pre/Post switching
– DCA masters and assignments
– Preamp Gain, Pad and 48V
– Trim and Polarity
– HPF, Gate, PEQ, GEQ, Comp, Delays
– RTA function
– Channel names and colour
– PAFL select
– Full signal metering
– Custom strips for personalised channel layout
Avantis MixPad is not intended for system setup or memory access. The following functions are not available at the iPad:
– FX parameter control
– Input source, insert and output patchbay
– Channel ganging
– Aux source routing options
– Library, Scene and Show memory store and recall
– Scene Recall Filters and Safes edit
– Signal Generator
– System configuration, options and preferences
– User Profile management and permissions
An Allen & Heath Avantis mixer system running V1.02 or higher version firmware, with a suitable wireless router or access point connected to one of its Network ports. The Avantis mixer firmware and MixPad maintenance version number do not need to be identical, for example MixPad V1.00 would run with Avantis firmware V1.03. Refer to the Allen & Heath website for more information and to download the latest system firmware.
OneMix is a cut down version of the Avantis MixPad app that locks control to a single Aux (monitor) mix. Multiple iPads may be set up by the ‘Admin’ user to give each musician customised personal monitor control via Wi-Fi connection to Avantis without the risk of affecting the other monitors or FOH main mix. Avantis OneMix can be configured to provide as much or as little control as needed.
Logon as a User provides personal control of:
– One monitor (Aux) master level and mute
– Monitor master PEQ, GEQ and Comp if enabled
– Send levels and stereo pan to the monitor
– Send Mute, Gate, PEQ, GEQ, Comp if enabled
Logon as Admin allows custom setup:
– Set a OneMix session name to identify the user
– Choose an Aux (monitor) mix
– Assign a ‘My Mix’ layer and up to 3 custom layers
– Assign up to 8 strips on My Mix layer, 32 on custom layers
– Assign sends – Inputs, FX returns, Groups
– Assign DCA masters
– Assign blank spaces in layers
– Name each layer
– Enable or disable channel processing and mutes per layer
An Allen & Heath Avantis mixer running V1.02 or higher version firmware, with a suitable wireless router or access point connected to one of its Network ports. The Avantis mixer firmware and OneMix maintenance version number do not need to be identical, for example OneMix V1.00 would run with Avantis V1.03. Refer to the Allen & Heath website for more information and to download the latest system firmware.
Dante. Waves. And so much more.
For local I/O, Avantis is well equipped with 12 XLR analogue inputs, 12 XLR analogue outputs, plus AES (Stereo In, 2x Stereo Out).
Two additional I/O Ports allow Avantis to benefit from the full range of current dLive option cards, including Dante (64×64 and 128×128), Waves, gigaACE, MADI and more, expanding the scope for system integration, FoH / monitor splits and multitrack recording.
With 128 channels of bidirectional audio at 96kHz, the Dante 128×128 card is suitable for high channel digital splits between systems, for instance FOH and MON, whilst offering simultaneous multitrack recording via Dante Virtual Soundcard (available separately).
The Dante 64×64 audio networking card offers low latency connectivity to Dante networks and devices using standard networking cabling and hardware and is a cost-effective alternative to Dante 128×128 in applications that don’t require the additional I/O.
An interface to the Waves SoundGrid networking platform, for plugin processing, multitrack recording and audio distribution.
A cost-effective and plug ‘n play solution for digital splits and point-to-point connections.
A flexible toolkit of broadcast connectivity. Multiformat to address requirements of broadcast/recording feeds + OB Vans.
A fibre optic solution for large scale events and long cable runs up to 500m.
AES3 I/O cards provide a convenient solution for digital patching from an Avantis system to system PA, monitor amps and speaker controllers, or for console combining. Four versions are available:
- 4in 6out (M-DL-AES4I6O-A)
- 10out (M-DL-AES10O-A)
- 6in 4out (M-DL-AES6I4O-A)
- 2in 8out (M-DL-AES2I8O-A)
The M-DL-ADAPT ‘letterbox’ interface fits in any I/O Port on on an Avantis and adds compatibility with most iLive / GLD audio networking cards including M-Dante, M-Waves, M-ES-V2, M-ACE and M-MADI.
The DX Link audio networking card (M-DL-DXLINK) provides 4 DX Link ports each carrying 32×32 channels of 96kHz audio, that can be used to connect to DX expander units in either Parallel or Redundant mode.